Global Tel Link - GTL
Everything you need to know about Global Tel Link - GTL. Below CheapJailCalls.com customers can find the information they will need to use our service at facilities where the phone calls are governed by Global Tel Link. Feel free to contact us at 1.800.526.1170 for any information that can not be found here.
All account set-up and payments for Global Tel Link can be done either through their website www.gtl.net or through Offender Connect . Like with all inmate telephone service providers the cost of the calls will vary depending on the location and kind of facility. Federal, State & County facilities have different rates and set- up rules. CheapJailCalls.com can help you save money by providing a local number to the facility where the inmate call originates thus avoiding the high cost of long distance collect calls resulting from setting up an account with GTL . If after reviewing this information you still wish to create an account with this provider you can do so using one of the following options:
Calls placed to approved telephone numbers by the correctional facility are billed to the receiving party through their regular phone bill. There is a ceiling placed by carriers as to the amount of collect calls you can receive. It varies from carrier to carrier and if you exceed the limit you are at risk of being blocked for future inmate calls . If this is your case then there are the following 2 options.
By using this option you can place funds to prepay all incoming inmate calls as long as there are funds in the account. This would be your best choice if you experience any of the following:
• You have a collect call restriction by your local phone provider
• You have exceeded the collect call limit
• You are unable to receive inmate calls on your cell phone, office phone, hospital phone or other commercial phone numbers • Your local telephone company does not bill for inmate collect calls
• Your phone number is blocked from receiving inmate collect calls
• You have a high collect call bill and want to manage your calling budget
By using this option you would still have to deposit funds into the inmate’s account but he now can call an array of numbers approved by the facility including cell phones and the inmate would be paying for his calls in advance.
2. Automated Pay By Phone - 888.847.3206
3. Customer Service Department - 888.288.9879
4. Money Gram
5. Western Union
6. Pay by Mail - via Money Order or Cashier's Check. You can deposit any amount of $25 or more to your prepaid account
There are 2 options to fund the inmate’s account:
Option 1 – Inmate Funded – Inmates can add money to their debit phone account through the commissary at the facility
Option 2 – Externally Funded – Friends and family of inmates can now also add money to an inmate’s debit phone account. This option is available only to the San Diego County correctional facilities at this time.
Note: Minimum Payment to set up or recharge a Daily Dial™ Account is $50 Also service fees apply for all payment options except for money orders or cahiers check mailed in.
Advance Pay Service Dept.
Denver, Colorado 80291-1722
Blocked Call Resolution
Some of the reasons your call might be blocked include:
- GTL might not have a billing contract with your local telephone service provider preventing you from receiving collect calls.
- Your local telephone service provider has a block on the line.
- Your local telephone service provider does not allow collect calls.
- Your prepaid collect call account has run out of funds and you need to add more
It is possible that your call could be dropped during a call from jail or prison. GTL does not issue credit for any calls that are dropped due to a 3-way attempt. Some of the reasons a call would be considered a 3-way attempt and dropped by them include:
- Setting the phone down hard.
- Static on the line.
- Pushing a dial button.
- Allowing someone to pick up another phone connected to the line you are on.
- Accepting a call and then trying to forward it to another number.
- Taking an incoming call.
Family and Friends Call Center
Monday through Friday
Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM EST
GTL Toll Free 800-483-8314
You can also make payments at kiosks located at certain institutions. There is a listing of locations on their website